THINGS TO LOOK FORWARD TO…
SUN and FUN
Spring has finally arrived and we have a number of pilots looking for partners to purchase a light aircraft or upgrading the aircraft they already own
We have a few new aircraft for sale on our board! Come and browse! Planes include:
1976 Cessna 150M
1976 Piper Arrow 11
Piper Cherokee 140
and shares in a Rockwell Commander!
Firsts and Other
Wonderful Achievements in
OAS would like to congratulate all of these pilots!
Multi-Engine Training at OAS
In co-operation with West Capital Aviation, OAS will be offering Multi and Multi-IFR rating at Ottawa international. The aircraft has a Garmin 430 GPS coupled with STEC autopilot and Stormscope and is an excellent training package for those wishing to acquire these ratings.
By the Hour $295/hr +gst
8-hr basic $285/hr +gst
25-hr hour-builder $270/hr+gst
(Excerpts from Take Five for Safety)
Look for cloudy, unsettled weather when:
- the Barometer is falling
- the temp. at night is higher than normal
- clouds move in different directions at different levels
- high, thin clouds (cirrus) increase. A large ring may appear around the sun or moon and remain there until overcast clouds thicken and obscure it
- clouds darken on a summer afternoon
Look for showers when:
- thunderclouds develop in a westerly wind
- cumulus clouds develop rapidly in the spring during early afternoon.
Look for clearing weather when:
- the Barometer is rising
- the winds shift to the west or northwest temperature falls fairly rapidly, especially during the afternoon.
Thanks for reading this month, until the next, keep the blue side up!